Friday, January 20, 2017

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #272 Masked Heart Wreaths

Hello!

Today's card was made for the Make It Monday 272 Masked Heart Wreaths challenge. Melissa created a lovely card using a white heart cut out to stamp around and create a "wreath."

It took me a few tries to get this card made. I die cut my heart out of white card stock but it was heavyweight and made stamping difficult. Also, the original stamp set I chose was too small to give the impact I wanted.

Finally, I pulled out my Papertrey Ink Make It Market Mini Garden Gild Kit. This stamp ended up being a good size to create my wreath.


I stamped the images using inks from Lawn Fawn. After creating the wreath, I die cut the word "Enjoy" that is also included in the mini kit and glued it in the middle of the heart at an angle.

I kept this card simple so I finished it by adding a few sequins and adhered to dark blue card base.




Thanks Melissa for the fun challenge this week!

Have a great day and thank you for stopping by.

I am entering this card in the Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes challenge 266-267 and CASology #232 Cut Challenge.

7 comments:

  1. Pretty card. Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Wreath and love your color choices, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Katherine! Fabulous color choices for your heart. Glad you joined us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautifully! And such a fun take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful CAS design. We are so blessed for your participation in our last Challenge and would love for you to join us again in our current Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with this Scripture inspiration from Colossians 2:6-7 which tells us, "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." Have a blessed week.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete