Monday, January 11, 2016

You're a peach

This is for SSS Wednesday Challenge Something New.

I saw this challenge was encouraging using Wplus9 stamps and I knew I had a new set from this company. I was born and raised and still live in Georgia, so of course this was the set for me. We are known for our peaches!

I wasn't sure what I wanted to create until I found an old piece of DSP from Stampn' Up. I stamped a bunch of peaches on the white cardstock in a brown ink, then used Crisp Canteloupe and Pear Pizazz from SU to fill in the fruit and added some Wink of Stella glitter clear. I really, really can't stop using it. My marker is almost out! That subtle shimmer is addictive.

I die cut a frame and stamped the greeting in brown and sponged around it a little so it didn't get lost in all the white cardstock. I used some foam tape of pop it up. Pretty easy and came together quickly.

My daughter will be using this card to write a thank you note to her teacher who helped her find her retainer in the lunch trash can today! She sure is a "peach" for helping out!


Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. What a neat set & wonderful card! That is one great teacher, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious card, Katherine ... love that those peaches are all shimmery! Your daughter's teacher will be so thrilled to have it! I'm the same with my Wink of Stella ... it makes an appearance on almost every card! Thanks so much for your visit and sweet words! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Katherine! Those peaches are wonderful...I love peaches! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very pretty card!
    Hugs
    Divya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those peaches! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An adorable card Skrater, a lovely design with a gorgeous colours........your peaches are fabulous and beautiful embellishments!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete